Successful organizations have one major thing in common: excellent managers and leaders. More and more people are asked to lead teams nowadays in the workplace, yet the path to becoming a good leader is a long and not always straightforward one. Becoming the kind of leader who inspires, engages, and motivates takes many different qualities. This online course is designed for newly appointed managers and supervisors who want to lead their teams with confidence and purpose and achieve a common goal. It will help to improve the skills, abilities, and confidence of team leaders. The most practical aspect of leadership is driving others toward positive outcomes. Building strong leaders leads to a growth mindset, improved collaboration, and greater organizational performance. Leadership is about getting results for your followers!
• Employees looking to move into leadership positions, no matter the size of the organization
• Newly appointed line managers, team leaders or junior managers or those in existing management positions looking to build their
1. Critical Leadership Qualities
What does leadership really mean in today's world?
2. Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Becoming an effective leader means understanding your reactions to others and recognizing emotions in others and response effectively.
3. Leadership Styles (Situational leadership)
When you are in a leadership position, it’s important to assess your own leadership style. Your leadership style is important when you are managing people and projects to give you a better understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses, and learning how to use your leadership style to your advantage.
4. Team Leadership
Identifying your personal leadership challenge is must in leadership. To be a good leader, you have to recognize your strength and how to use them as a leader.
5. Leadership Communication (assertive communication and constructive feedback)
Becoming a strong leader means mastering the art of communication. To reach the level of manager, you’ll have no doubt demonstrated some level of talent for this; but to set yourself apart as a leader, you need to make sure truly impactful communication is at the heart of everything you do.
• How to transition from team member to a leadership position
• Evaluate your current leadership practices
• Understand the characteristics of and critical qualities of effective leaders, what makes them great and what they do to create highly successful teams
• Build your interpersonal and communications skills to be a more assertive leader
• Gain strategies for effectively leading and inspiring your team
• Recognize and understand different leadership styles
• Understand how to use your leadership skills to influence, motivate, inspire and challenge others and drive results